Sunday, March 02, 2008

NOS parts V2




Here are photos of parts that Santa bought me for a belated Christmas present. European headlight units, these came with LHD lenses and I needed to buy RHD ones and swap over, headlight unit on the left is the Mercedes one.
I asked the suppliers if they needed RHD reflectors to which they said no. I remain convinced that the reflectors need modifying in the same way that Porsche & VW ones (headlight unit on right) need to be adapted by repositioning the locating slot in the reflector for the tab on the bulb - if anyone knows then please let me know.
I also received the correct non vented fuel cap for the car, stunned at the cost of these items even after club discount but at least it wasn't bumper sections that I needed and they are still available.

No comments: