Thursday, December 27, 2012

November activity 4 - Lights and front grill



The front grill was rechromed locally in Dallas and unfortunately the finish was not as good as we hoped.  I opted to buy a new 2 piece surround and wings in Stainless steel from Harringtons who produce them out in Vietnam. The grill fits well and looks much better than the original - I will keep it and see eventually if I can get a better job done in the UK or sell on. The barrel for the star has yet to be finished with the correct blue translucent hue.  I had shipped a pair of European spec headlights across to Will for fitting, the car has always had US spec ones fitted and whilst I got them to fit much better there may be some remedial work to do on the locting hooks for light unit and trim ring to get a better end result.  The amber indicator lenses were swapped back to clear ones with amber bulbs to help in ensuring that the electrics comply to UK regulations.


No comments: